Milvus with Frank Liu
July 20th, 2022
27 mins 45 secs
About this Episode
Eric Anderson (@ericmander) and Frank Liu (@frankzliu) talk about Milvus, the open-source vector database built for scalable similarity search. Vector databases are built to search, index and store embeddings, a requirement for powerful AI applications. Frank is Director of Operations at Zilliz, the company that stewards the project. Tune in to find out how Milvus is the database for the AI era.
Subscribe to Contributor on Substack for email notifications, and join our Slack community!
In this episode we discuss:
- A crash course on embeddings and vector databases
- Using Milvus for logo search, crypto predictions, drug discovery, and more
- Other open-source projects at Zilliz that complement Milvus
- “Embedding Everything”
- How Milvus incorporates tunable consistency to its search process
- Milvus is based on a “shared storage” architecture, not “shared nothing.”