Nathan Killoran (@co9olguy) guides Eric Anderson (@ericmander) through the cutting-edge world of quantum machine learning at Xanadu, a quantum computing company that is innovating with its use of photonics. Nathan is Xanadu’s Head of Software, Algorithms, & Quantum Machine Learning, and has detailed insight on their main open-source software projects, StrawberryFields and PennyLane. On today’s episode, Nathan explains how the barrier to contributing may be lower than you think, even if you don’t have a PhD in quantum physics.
In this episode we discuss:
- Designing software for Xanadu’s unique approach to quantum computing
- Machine learning, differentiable programming and more in the quantum domain
- How even high school students can contribute to an open-source quantum computing project
- Is there a road map for quantum machine learning?
- Nathan’s “blue sky” interview questions
- TensorFlow Quantum
- Alpine Quantum Technologies
- Quantum Open Source Foundation
- Unitary Fund
- Christian Weedbrook, CEO of Xanadu (@_cweedbrook)