Eric Anderson (@ericmander) sits down with Abhishek Dubey (@abhishekdubey), co-creator of Bolster, the fraud prevention platform powered by deep-learning. Bolster is used by clients like LinkedIn, Uber and Dropbox for its cutting-edge detection and takedown technology. Abhishek and his co-founder built Bolster around the real-time URL-scanning tool CheckPhish, which analyzes phishing sites for free. On today’s episode, learn how Abhishek and the team at Bolster have found success by focusing on building their business out of passion, and giving back to the community.
In this episode we discuss:
- A second mortgage and a startup garage
- Discovering 100 Fortune 500 companies were using CheckPhish
- How Bolster snagged LinkedIn without a proof of concept
- Bolster’s secret sauce, that sets them apart from other security companies
- Comparing the community focus of Bolster to a traditional open-source model
- Shashi Prakash (@skiddzo)