Cube and the Semantic Layer with Artyom Keydunov
February 8th, 2023
23 mins 39 secs
About this Episode
Eric Anderson (@ericmander) talks with Artyom Keydunov (@keydunov) about Cube, the semantic layer for building data applications. Cube helps engineers bridge data warehouses and data experiences, and provides access control, security, caching, and more helpful features. The project began in open-source and has evolved quite a lot over the last few years with a ton of community support.
Subscribe to Contributor on Substack for email notifications, and join our Slack community!
In this episode we discuss:
- What is a semantic layer?
- Coming up with the idea to open-source during a game of ping pong
- Setting a ten-company-deployment goal
- Using Cube to track COVID stats in lockdown
- How one contributor built a GraphQL API
- Pavel Tiunov (@paveltiunov87)