Rasgo with Patrick Dougherty
May 25th, 2022
28 mins 49 secs
About this Episode
Eric Anderson (@ericmander) and Patrick Dougherty (@cpdough) talk about Rasgo, the data transformation platform for MLOps that makes generating SQL easy. The team at Rasgo recently open-sourced a package called RasgoQL, that allows users to execute SQL queries against a data warehouse using Python syntax. Tune in to find out how Rasgo aims to bridge an important gap in the Modern Data Stack.
In this episode we discuss:
- The advantages of offering both a low-code/no-code UI and a Python interface
- "How can a data scientist, without needing full-time resources from data engineering, be somewhat self-sufficient in data prep and able to deliver those insights without a massive human capital investment needed?"
- Where Rasgo fits into the world of feature stores
- Why one Rasgo user took a trip to a wind farm in Texas
- Eric’s predictions for the future of data prep and transformation
- Jared Parker (@jaredtparker_)