Eric Anderson (@ericmander) and Zoltan Olah (@zqzoltan) discuss Storybook, the open-source UI component development tool. Storybook supports all the most popular frontend frameworks and libraries such as React, Vue and Angular, but allows users to test and develop components in isolation. In today’s episode, learn more about the early days of the component-driven development methodology and how Storybook was saved by a passionate community of engineers.
In this episode we discuss:
- Storybook as an integral part of UI design workflow
- How Zoltan and his team inherited Storybook and saved it from being “left out to dry”
- Solving a pain point for front-end engineers with Chromatic’s UI regression testing, built on top of Storybook
- Why Zoltan compares components to APIs, and Storybook to a service mesh
- What’s happening today in the world of open-source design systems
- Learn Storybook