Eric Anderson (@ericmander) and Ev Kontsevoy (@kontsevoy) talk about Teleport, the open-source tool for instant access to cloud resources. These include SSH servers, Kubernetes clusters, databases and more. Teleport was inspired by the growing complexity of cloud environments, and aims to make engineers feel like all their cloud applications are in the same room together.
In this episode we discuss:
- How Teleport grew from a side project to Gravity, the open-source toolkit for packaging and running applications autonomously
- Unifying and consolidating modern access methods and industry best practices
- Bringing identity to a protocol-level
- An early community use case for Teleport in the cattle industry
- Engaging with outside contributions while balancing security constraints