Eric Anderson (@ericmander) connects with Dalai Felinto (@dfelinto), development coordinator at Blender. Blender is a free and open-source 3D graphics toolset with a unique story spanning nearly 30 years. The project is used professionally for animation, video games, scientific visualization, and much more. Join us for a very special episode of Contributor as we take a deep dive into one of the most dedicated, robust communities in open-source history.
In this episode we discuss:
- When the dotcom crash landed Blender in the hands of community members
- Taking open-source beyond the toolset with open movie projects
- Dalai’s transition from burgeoning architect to Blender developer
- How you can use Blender’s new Geometry Nodes for AI training
- Solving organizational challenges with full-time staff and contributors
Ton Roosendaal (@tonroosendaal)