Eric Anderson (@ericmander) invites Shauli Rozen (@shaulir) to share about his work on Kubescape, the first open-source Kubernetes security testing tool that is compliant with NSA & CISA hardening guidelines. Despite the project’s recency, Kubescape has seen explosive growth on Github and recognition from the Kubernetes community. Tune in to learn how the team at ARMO built a successful open-source security tool for DevOps.
In this episode we discuss:
- Why Kubescape uses guidance from the NSA & CISA
- Correcting the misconception that developers don’t care about security
- Providing value in the first five minutes of using the tool
- ARMO’s detailed approach to community feedback
- Shauli’s thoughts on security roles of the future