Eric Anderson (@ericmander) is joined by Egil (@EgilCo) and Ivar Østhus (@ivarconr), brothers and co-creators of the open-source feature management platform, Unleash. It’s a real family business, with Egil acting as CEO and Ivar the CTO of the company. Over beers and burgers, the two decided to bring their strengths together for a feature toggle tool that transforms DevOps and continuous deployment pipelines.
In this episode we discuss:
- Ivar as a pioneer in the trunk-based development space
- Word of mouth and old colleagues bringing Unleash to new companies
- Assessing a contributor’s personality and mindset
- Resolving a deadlock scenario on a feature launch day without impacting customers
- Why feature flagging is fundamental to true DevOps