Eric Anderson (@ericmander) and Douwe Maan (@DouweM) chat about Meltano, the open-source DataOps operating system. Meltano provides the connective tissue that allows teams to treat their data stack as a single software development project. Tune in to learn how Meltano is trying to bring software development best practices into the data world.
In this episode we discuss:
- Meltano’s origins as a side project at GitLab
- How Meltano glues together open-source technologies like Singer, dbt and Airflow
- Douwe’s experience wearing many different hats in the early days of Meltano
- Meltano’s shift from an ELT solution to an operating system
- The Love-Tap Fest community event, starting right after this episode’s release!
- Love-Tap Fest - February 17-24th, 2022
- Apache Airflow
- Apache Superset