Eric Anderson (@ericmander) and Pablo Ruiz-Múzquiz (@diacritica) examine the intersection of open-source, agile development, and UI/UX design at the heart of two applications, Penpot and Taiga. Penpot is a design and prototyping platform intended for cross-domain teams, while Taiga is a popular agile project management software. These products comprise the heart of Pablo’s innovative company, Kaleidos Open Source, which was founded in Spain more than a decade ago. Listen to today’s episode for one of the industry’s most unique perspectives on open-source code and design.
In this episode we discuss:
- An internal crisis and a major pivot for Kaleidos
- How Penpot was born from Kaleidos’ signature personal innovation week
- Designing a design tool that can be used to design itself
- Bringing design, code and people closer together
- Why Pablo asserts that designers care about open-source