We’re kicking off the new year with a conversation between Eric Anderson (@ericmander), Sergei Egorov (@bsideup) and Eli Aleyner (@ealeyner). Sergei and Eli founded AtomicJar to maintain Testcontainers, the family of open-source libraries that allow developers to write and run integration tests locally, and treat them as unit tests. Testcontainers is wildly popular, with over six thousand GitHub stars (and climbing!). Tune in to find out how Sergei and Eli are helping people test their software quicker, easier, and more efficiently.
In this episode we discuss:
- How Testcontainers solves the problem of confidence
- The value of Github’s networking effect
- Inspiration from Amazon’s S3 “test bunny”
- Consequences of Docker’s over- and under-adoption
- Replicating success in other languages besides Java
- How We Maintain Security Testing within the Software Development Life Cycle